Located at the rear of the main property Longueville House lies a large double courtyard, neo-classical in style, containing a fine two-storey converted stone cut house, known as The Courtyard Lodge at Longueville. Architecturally the large pink coloured main house - Longueville is typically late Georgian, of five bays and three storeys over a basement. The central doorway retains its original door and large fanlight beneath a Doric portico. On the East side, you’ll find a fine Victorian conservatory of curved ironwork added in 1862, one of the last drawn up by Richard Turner, the greatest ironmaster and designer of glasshouses of the Victorian era. Inside, the house is embellished with ornate Italian-designed ceilings, a marble dining-room mantelpiece featuring a relief of Neptune in his chariot, rare, inlaid mahogany doors, and an unusual, full-height bifurcating staircase.
The Courtyard Lodge and Longueville House are both elegantly situated in undulating parkland and is approached from the east by a curving avenue over an arched limestone bridge. The majestic group of oak trees on the front field of the house was planted in 1815, to celebrate Wellington's victory at the Battle of Waterloo. The estate also contains a 25 acre cider apple orchard used to produce on-site an artisan cider, some which is double distilled into an apple brandy.